- Toyo Ito wanted delicate textiles to “float in the air” in his Milan showroom for Kinnasand January 11, 2019
- Toyo Ito creates fluted walls of white concrete at Museo Internacional del Barroco January 10, 2019
- Steven Holl to build French museum with fortress-inspired concrete towers January 9, 2019
- Barclay & Crousse completes “labyrinthine” university building in Peru January 8, 2019
- Red box houses galleries at Andrade Morettin’s IMS Paulista in São Paulo January 7, 2019
ANTYODAYA NIKETAN :
Antyodaya Niketan is an NGO running in the heart of Delhi (Kashmere Gate). The NGO treats drug addicts on the streets of Delhi. They also give health treatments to people left on the streets. They focus is more on children in association with ‘Streets of India’, NGO from Spain.
There location is adjoining to the Metro station in Kashmere Gate. The boundary wall is common with the Old Delhi Monument, which is on High Priority by the ASI. The building needed immediate action as the walls developed cracks due to the buckling of the plinth beam. With our structural consultant it was evaluated that there was high risk to the roof support.
With special permission from the Govt. and ASI, works were carried out, with strict guidelines from ASI for construction techniques.
It was a special project for our firm, ANP Atelier & Associates.