- Daylighting in Offices September 18, 2018
- Seven megatall skyscrapers reaching new heights September 17, 2018
- Stacked felt sheets create seating inside South Korean cafe September 13, 2018
- Concrete and terrazzo furniture feature in Ritz& September 12, 2018
- Masonry walls enclose courtyards and living spaces at Ritz & Ghougassian’s Melbourne extension September 11, 2018
ANTYODAYA NIKETAN :
Antyodaya Niketan is an NGO running in the heart of Delhi (Kashmere Gate). The NGO treats drug addicts on the streets of Delhi. They also give health treatments to people left on the streets. They focus is more on children in association with ‘Streets of India’, NGO from Spain.
There location is adjoining to the Metro station in Kashmere Gate. The boundary wall is common with the Old Delhi Monument, which is on High Priority by the ASI. The building needed immediate action as the walls developed cracks due to the buckling of the plinth beam. With our structural consultant it was evaluated that there was high risk to the roof support.
With special permission from the Govt. and ASI, works were carried out, with strict guidelines from ASI for construction techniques.
It was a special project for our firm, ANP Atelier & Associates.