- Daylighting in Offices September 18, 2018
- Seven megatall skyscrapers reaching new heights September 17, 2018
- Stacked felt sheets create seating inside South Korean cafe September 13, 2018
- Concrete and terrazzo furniture feature in Ritz& September 12, 2018
- Masonry walls enclose courtyards and living spaces at Ritz & Ghougassian’s Melbourne extension September 11, 2018
BURARI HOUSING-ELEGANCE :
The site measures 7 acres located at Sant Nagar, New Delhi. The housing designed was high rise with as less ground coverage as possible. The concept was to have more of green area for activities. This proposal was submitted in 2009 before the MPD 2021 was approved. With reference to the draft copy of MPD 2021, ANP Atelier & Associates made a proposal for the clients and submitted it with the public authorities.
The 7 acres was divided into 5 acres for residential and 2 acres for commercial development. This was done in reference to the marking of Sant Nagar-Burari road to be proposed for commercial development in the draft copy.
The structure played a vital role as the soil has low bearing capacity. The housing is first of its kind in the particular area with height spanning upto 39 mtrs above the ground level.
The commercial/shopping mall was designed with the theme as FUSION. The concept was to differentiate the regular malls with ACP cladding and glass facade. The introduction of Jalli work was done to focus on the heritage. Glass face was mixed with it to focus on the era the building was designed.