- Toyo Ito wanted delicate textiles to “float in the air” in his Milan showroom for Kinnasand January 11, 2019
- Toyo Ito creates fluted walls of white concrete at Museo Internacional del Barroco January 10, 2019
- Steven Holl to build French museum with fortress-inspired concrete towers January 9, 2019
- Barclay & Crousse completes “labyrinthine” university building in Peru January 8, 2019
- Red box houses galleries at Andrade Morettin’s IMS Paulista in São Paulo January 7, 2019
GREATER KAILASH II
G.K – II :
The site is located at S-57, G.K-II. The residence shell was already built when bought by the client. The structure was old and hence needed extra structural members for the alterations to be executed. The house has 5 bedrooms with individual bathrooms. The plot is approx. 580 sq.yds.
The architecture of the residence was a mixture of various eras. It boasted of doric columns and had traditional bottom supports for the balcony and the top parapet canopy. The interiors was traditional with lot of carving on the flooring, veneer works on the ceiling and highlight area in each room.
The servant quarters were planned right at the end of the driveway with an independant staircase entrance. The blocks were joined on the second floor from the rear side.