- Toyo Ito wanted delicate textiles to “float in the air” in his Milan showroom for Kinnasand January 11, 2019
- Toyo Ito creates fluted walls of white concrete at Museo Internacional del Barroco January 10, 2019
- Steven Holl to build French museum with fortress-inspired concrete towers January 9, 2019
- Barclay & Crousse completes “labyrinthine” university building in Peru January 8, 2019
- Red box houses galleries at Andrade Morettin’s IMS Paulista in São Paulo January 7, 2019
RESIDENCE FOR BCCI SECRETARY
Residence for BCCI Secretary :
The site for the residence is right on the highway, close proximity to D.P.S Jalandhar. The school is also owned by the family. The plot available for the construction was 1.92 acres. There were 3 identical units to be developed. Later the interiors were done separately as per their choice/theme.
The biggest challenge was to tackle the pest. The material specified had to be pest resistant or proper treatment with repetitive coats were to be laid. Six bedrooms with attached washrooms and common lobbies were designed for the family.
There are 2 floors with no basement. The house is open on from all four sides. Each bedroom and toilets have their windows for light and ventilation. There is no room in the house which does not have a window opening for natural light and ventilation.