- Toyo Ito wanted delicate textiles to “float in the air” in his Milan showroom for Kinnasand January 11, 2019
- Toyo Ito creates fluted walls of white concrete at Museo Internacional del Barroco January 10, 2019
- Steven Holl to build French museum with fortress-inspired concrete towers January 9, 2019
- Barclay & Crousse completes “labyrinthine” university building in Peru January 8, 2019
- Red box houses galleries at Andrade Morettin’s IMS Paulista in São Paulo January 7, 2019
RESIDENCE FOR PUNJAB MINISTER, GURUGRAM
Residence for Punjab Minister, Gurugram :
The client was a retired army officer who decided to build a house in Palam Vihar as a holiday home. The family resides in Chandigarh and visits Delhi occasionally. The requirement was relatively simple in comparison to the plot size. This gave us enough room to play with the available space.
Out of the four bedroom need, one was planned on the ground floor and the rest on the first floor. The staircase was open on one side with a skylight in the double height atrium above it. The ground floor was on an open format for the family. The formal drawing room was much smaller in comparison to the informal family lounge.
All bedrooms had attached washrooms and dressers. Glass and brick was used in the skylight as well as the washrooms.